Attic mold should be removed by an experienced mold remediation firm.
Health Canada Residential Indoor Air Quality Guidelines 2007 states that “mould growth in residential buildings may pose a health hazard”.
Hazards vary by species of mould but Health Canada recommends all mould be treated as potentially harmful. Mould growths are usually a mix of species and occupants can be exposed to many airborne moulds in buildings. Most moulds cause some kind of irritant.
They Recommend the:
- Repair of water damage and prevention of humidity to limit mould growth
- Removal of visible and concealed mould regardless of the mould species
There are several reasons for mould growth in an attic:
- Soffits are blocked with insulation or not properly vented for another reason
- Bathroom or other household exhausts are venting moisture into the attic space
- Lack of roof vents
- Not enough or too much insulation
- Leaking roof
- Chimney flashings not installed, leaking, or installed improperly
Kleen Condition have many years of experience and many hundreds of mould remediation projects under their wings. Working across the Toronto and surrounding area we have an excellent reputation. Contact Kleen Condition for a quote and assessment of your attic mould today.